A Knight In Glendalough

A Knight In Glendalough
on Amazon.com

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Woohoo! Almost done Christmas shopping!

Yep, it’s true! We did most of our shopping on Cyber Monday. After reading about all the drama on Black Friday, I’m going to stick to CM from now on.

As for writing, I have some ideas for Whispers Of Angels 2. With any luck my job will put me on am shifts a lot and I can write in the evenings/afternoons. Today I go in at 12 and just can’t write then stop...you know? I need an open-ended session where I can write for six to eight hours straight.

I sold almost 60 books this month! I’m pretty proud of my sales..when comparing them to my own sales history ;0) I do wish I could figure out why Houseboat Laney! isn’t selling. Is it the title?? Personally, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Tammy series (Tammy and The Bachelor etc) and wanted to write a book about a teen who causes her family so much stress, they send her to live with an aunt. The aunt has a houseboat on the Mississippi river. After Whispers and Glendalough, I think it’s my best work. SOOOOO as anyone would, I’m sure, I raised the price from .99 cents. Maybe if it’s my only book above a buck, folks will be interested in it! (I remember we wanted my yorkie to have a puppy and offered to stud him out. When asked about the price, we said FREE and folks were not interested at that point. Weird!!) Poor Chewy never did have a puppy :(

I’m wishing for Santa to bring me a hot tub and a masseuse but he’s pretty broke this year, so I’ll hope for shoes and pants for work. Isn’t growing up the best!!??!!! The stuff on my list is short..work clothing, money for school books, stainless measuring cups. haha! My set has been missing the 1/3 cup forever! I’m also hoping Santa gets my oldest son hired where I work. He really wants to save up for a car, plus he wants a new phone..and has no income right now. Plus, when I think of glancing around at work and seeing him there, it just sounds so great!! What a neat experience, working with my son!

Right now I’m reading two books. Pavorrati’s biography is so interesting. It makes me like him even more. He really wanted to get Opera to the masses, not just the very rich and ‘well bred’ folks. He was also very caring and kind of sensitive. He thanked God for the blessing of his voice and never took his life or singing for granted.

I’m also reading Tina Fey’s book. OHMYGOSH She is hysterical! I actually LOL when I’m reading, some of the things she says and comparisons she makes. Half the time I’m wondering if I didn’t KNOW HER in school. She is so like the kids back then and went through a lot of the things I went through. Just love her book. I’m not half-way yet, but so far I’d recommend it for certain!

No comments:

Post a Comment